A Bizarre Convention

Thu. March 3

I swear, this next dream is not made up. I was at a sort of convention, it seemed, with my theatre friends. We were all dressed very nicely. However, one of my friends, Autumn, resembled a brown version of Gumby with an upside-down face. The way the convention worked was we had a table in a cafetorium with many other tables that held, I'm guessing, many other theatre troupes. Then these huge double doors opened and we all scurried in to attend an event of some sort. I don't remember what any of those events were, but I do remember we'd all then exit and go down this huge ramp, where we were questioned by talking candy about how the event went. Then, at the end of the ramp, my friend Ben sat in a chair, very upset. Me and Autumn, the brown flipped-face Gumby, would go console him. He'd see Autumn, laugh, and come with us back to our table. Then the process would repeat. The only abnormality I noticed while in the dream was that Autumn's face was upside-down. The rest of the dream, including her skin and body shape, was completely normal.

Meaning

Let's begin to pick this apart piece by confusing piece. Seeing as the ramp was a part of the cafetorium, and I didn't remember what lay beyond those double doors, then the whole dream, essentially, takes place in a cafeteria. A cafeteria denotes that there may be a lot of issues "eating" me up inside. The nice clothing, I believe, is simply because at every convention I've been to, we've worn nice clothing at some point there. As for Autumn: the color brown denotes worldliness, practicality, and domestic bliss, and to see someone else as a cartoon character means that I'm not taking them seriously. And as for the upside-down face, which I noticed was strange: to notice something abnormal in a dream means that something feels out of line in my life. To dream that I'm going down a ramp refers to a lack of control in my life. Candy represents the joy in life. The part with Ben doesn't surprise me, for he had been upset the day before, and I cheered him up. And for something to be repeated in a dream (in this case, the entire dream) means that there is some message that I need to ingrain in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment